Residential Curbside Recycling, Trash, and Yard Waste collection
Residential curbside recycling will begin the week of July 11, 2022 for single family homes. Recycling carts will be delivered to each home for no charge at the end of June. Attached to the carts will be recycling rules and guidelines, the pick-up schedule, and FAQs. These forms can also be found in the links below. Recycling will be collected every other week on the same day as your trash. There will be a monthly fee of $5.50 per household ($3.00 for seniors over 65) which will be added to your water bill. The money collected from this fee will be used to fund recycling and keep the Transfer Station in operation. In order to receive the reduced senior rate, complete the form below and submit it to City Hall along with a copy of your driver's license. You are also able to complete the form in person at the Treasurer's Office. Thank you for helping us to improve our community and protect our environment.
Trash and Yard Waste Rules & Guidelines
Each residence has been provided one brown 95-gallon trash cart. Carts are to remain at the residence. They are identified with a serial number that is kept on file.
- Put your cart out no sooner than 7 pm the night before but no later than 7 am on your scheduled pick-up day. Items must fit in cart with the lid closed.
- The City is not responsible for lost or stolen carts.
- Only city-issued carts will be picked up. If you have items that do not fit into the cart or are too heavy, you need to arrange for a special pick-up.
- Yard waste and household hazardous wastes may not be placed in trash carts.
- Yard waste cart collection begins April 4, 2022 and continues through early December, depending on the weather. Yard waste may not be placed in your regular trash cart. It must be placed in a yard waste cart or taken to the Transfer Station (at no charge). You may also call for a brush pick-up.
- To accommodate extra garbage around the holidays, you may use your yard waste cart for trash the weeks after Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Christmas Trees will be picked up in front of your house for a few weeks following Christmas. No need to call to schedule.
Additional carts can be purchased at the Treasurer’s Office at City Hall for $75. Cash, checks, and credit cards (3% fee) are accepted. To purchase by mail, click here for the form. Mail form and a check made payable to the City of Trenton to Treasurer's Office, 2800 3rd St, Trenton, MI 48183. There is also a drop-off box located just outside City Hall. To purchase online, follow this link.
Carts will be delivered to your home within a couple of days of purchase.
1431 West Road
Trenton, MI 48183
1431 West Road
Trenton, MI 48183
Phone: 734-675-8470Fax: 734-675-8688
Kevin SargentDPW DirectorPhone: 734-675-8470
Russ FosterGrounds and Forestry SupervisorPhone:
Steve MoceriMotor Vehicle and Facilities SupervisorPhone: 734-675-8470
Ryan BraddWater & Sewer SupervisorPhone: 734-675-8470
John MahoneyHighways and Sanitation SupervisorPhone: 734-675-8470
Holly KrawczykDepartment Head SecretaryPhone: 734-675-8470
Tricia TrowbridgePhone: 734-675-8470